Welcome to the HR Policy Action Center! This Center has been developed by the SHRM Government Affairs department as a way to assist HR Advocates — professionals like you — in making your voices heard on public policy issues impacting the workplace. The Policy Action Center is the best resource for staying informed on HR- related federal legislative proposals that Congress is considering. Most importantly, the Center allows your voice to be heard in Washington, DC by providing HR professionals the necessary resources to communicate with lawmakers and their respective staffs.
Through the SHRM Policy Action Center you can:
- Send timely communications to lawmaker’s Washington, DC office by email;
- Read and respond to timely Calls to Actions as it relates to HR public policy issues;
- Find contact information for federal elected officials;
- Find election information and candidates for your state;
- Sign up to Join the SHRM Advocacy Team (A-Team)